Beetroot Halwa By Prabhakar Subramanian
Tasty and healthy sweet dish that is easy to makeRead More
- Grated beetroot - 200 gms
- Milk - 100 ml.
- Sugar - 300 gms
- Cardamom - 5 pods
- Edible camphor - 1 pinch (optional and if available at home)
- Ghee - 50 gms
- Rose essence - a few drops
- Cook the grated beetroot in the milk either on low flame or pressure cook to a single whistle.
- In a kadai heat the ghee and transfer the cooked beetroot and saute it for 10 minutes.
- Heat the sugar in a pan along with some water and a teaspoon of milk till it thickens into a syrup with needle-like consistency when ladled.
- Transfer the sautéed beetroot to the syrup and keep stirring the mixture till it achieves halwa-like consistency.
- Add the cardamom powder and edible camphor to it and garnish with nuts like cashew, pista and badam fried in ghee.
- Add a dash of Rose essence to the halwa and serve.