Beetroot Dhokla By Ranveer Brar
Beetroot dhoklas are not only a healthy twist to the traditional dhokla recipe, but also a delicious way to eat your beets!Read More
- For the dhokla mixture
- 1 cup rice and split black gram batter fermented overnight
- 3 tsp boiled beetroot paste
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp gram flour
- oil for greasing
- For the accompaniment
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ finely slice onion
- 1 tsp ginger juliennes
- ½ tsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 9 to 10 french beans
- water as required
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- For the dhokla batter add the rice and split black gram batter (fermented overnight).
- Add the boiled beetroot paste coriander leaves and gram flour.
- Mix well to form a batter. Grease a square glass dish with oil and pour the batter.
- Tap the dish gently to spread the batter evenly.
- Steam the dhokla for 10 to 15 minutes.
- For the accompaniment, heat oil in a pan and to it add onion, ginger, green chillies, sesame seeds, curry leaves, french beans, water, sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Mix well and cook the mixture till it reduces slightly.
- Cut the steamed dhokla lengthwise and arrange a piece in the serving plate.
- On top of it place the accompaniment.
- Diagonally cut another piece of the dhokla and place on the accompaniment.
- Again top these pieces with some accompaniment. Serve hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.