Beetroot Cutlets By Stuti Narwaria
Personally I don't like beetroots so I tried to incorporate into a form I like, that is Cutlets.Read More
Serves 4-5 people.
Preparation time : 25 mins Cooking time(frying) : 5-10 mins
- 2 beetroots
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 green chillies (chopped)
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 5 boiled potatoes
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
- For coating the Cutlets
- 2 tbsp maida
- 2 tbsp water
- Oil for shallow frying
- Grate the peeled beetroots and keep them aside.
- Mash the boiled potatoes.
- In a pan, add oil and let it heaAdd sliced onions and chopped green chillieCook for 2-3 minutes till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cumin powder, garam masala, chaat masala and cook for half a minute.
- Now add the grated beetroot and mashed potatoeSeason it with salt.
- Mix well and add boiled peas and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook mixture for 2 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into cutlets.
- In a bowl make a paste of maida using water and maida.
- In a separate bowl add grinded cornflakes.
- Place cutlet in the maida paste and coat the cutlet with iNext coat the mixture with cornflakes.
- In a pan heat oil for shallow frying.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add the cutlets in it and cook on both sides till a the cutlet acquires a golden brown colour.
- The cutlets are now readServe them with chutney of your choice.