Beetroot & Carrot Croquettes By Creationsofconfeteria Munia
Beetroot & Carrot Croquettes
It is a pure vegetarian recipe developed in Bengal inspired from the British continental foods. The recipe has goodness of beetroot, carrots, potatoes, and aromatic spices and condiments.Read More
- Julienned beetroot 2 cups
- Julienned carrots 1 cup
- Boiled and mashed potatoes 1 1/2 cups
- Peanuts, halved, 1 tablespoon
- Chopped coconut chunks 1 tablespoon
- Panch foron (Fennel, cumin, mustard, Fenugreek, Nigella seeds together 2 teaspoon
- Dried whole red chilli 1no
- Asafoetida or Hing 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped fresh coriander 2 tablespoon
- Chopped green chilli 2 nos
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
- Cornflour 1 cup
- Water 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Breadcrumbs 200 gms
- Refined flour 100 gms
- Oil for deep frying
- Bay leaf 1
- In a pan fry roast panchforon and bay leaf till seeds crackle. Remove from heat, cool them and coarse grind in a pestle-mortar.
- Now heat ghee in the pan in low flame. first fry the peanuts and then the coconut chunks. Take out and keep aside.
- Keeping flame low, to the rest of the ghee, add dried red chilli, asafoetida, ginger paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the julienned beetroot and carrot, give a heady stir and cover-cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove cover, add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and cover with a lid. Cook till the vegetables are tender.
- Now add mashed potatoes and mix well. Adjust seasoning and cook till the sides come off from the pan and the stuffing adheres together.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Now add the chopped coriander, green chillies, fried peanuts, fried coconut chunks, ground panchforon masala and mix with a spatula. Your beetroot stuffing is ready.
- Let the stuffing cool till you are able to work with your hands.
- Now make 12 equal balls out of the stuffing and shape into "pedas" .
- Make a thick slurry with cornflour and water, add some salt to it.
- Take each "Peda" coat with Maida, dip in slurry and finally coat with breadcrumbs and keep on a plate. Your croquettes are ready to be fried.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom Kadai and fry the croquettes under medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve with salad and Mustard sauce.