Beet and Lentil in Cracked Mustard By Gautam Mehrishi
Beet and Lentil in Cracked Mustard
From beetroots, black lentils to mustard, this recipe of Beet and Lentil In Cracked Mustard and makes for both a very nourishing and flavourful main dish. It is infused with spices. This recipe is a must-try for some hot and spicy flavour.Read More
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 leek
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 beetroot
- 1 carrot
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp mustard paste
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup boiled black lentils
- ½ cabbage
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- fresh leek leaves
- mustard paste
- In a pan add olive oil and let it heat.
- Finely chop the leeks.
- To the oil add bay leaves, black peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- Chop the beetroots and Soak the mustard seeds in warm water and prepare a paste.
- In the pan add chopped leeks, carrots, beetroot and stir it.
- Add garlic cloves, carom seeds, desi ghee, mustard paste and let it cook.
- Add tomato puree, vegetable stock and let it cook.
- Add the gravy in the bowl.
- Add boiled black lentils and mix it.
- In a bowl add chopped cabbage, apple cider vinegar, finely chopped garlic, carom seeds, black pepper powder, paprika powder, salt, tomato puree and mix it well.
- Add olive oil, sliced leeks.
- To garnish add pickle cabbage, leeks, mustard paste, black pepper powder, olive oil.
- Beet and Lentil in Cracked Mustard is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.