Basket Chaat By Pankaj Bhadouria
Chaat is a popular Indian snack and is available in various avatars. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria presents a recipe for a unique variation of chaat. The baked basket stuffed with a sweet, tangy and spicy filling and topped with sweetened curd, imli chutney and green chutney and crunchy sev is simply irresistible.Read More
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 3 tbsp ghee
- moong dal
- 2 tbsp mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- oil for frying
- 2 cups grind split green gram
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- sweetened yoghurt
- tamarind chutney
- green chutney
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt as per taste, carom seeds, ghee and mix it. Add water and prepare a dough. Cover the dough with a cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and place it in the tart shells. Prick it using a fork. Add moong dal and bake it in the oven at 180'C for 10 minutes. Remove the moong dal and bake it again for 10 minutes.
- To the mashed potatoes, add cornstarch, salt as per taste, red chilli powder and mix it well. Using refined flour make small balls of the potato.
- Deep fry the potatoes until it turns golden brown. To the green gram paste, add salt as per taste, finely chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chilli and mix it well. Make small balls and deep fry it in the oil.
- In the tart, add moong dal wadi, aloo wadi. Add yoghurt, tamarind chutney, green chutney, sev, salt, red chilli powder, roasted coriander powder and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.