Barra is a savoury made from moong dal and is consumed with a spiced buttermilk preparation called sannata. This dish is served in Bundelkhand's wedding and is a part of their traditional cuisine. This recipe is a must-try.Read More
- 1 cup urad dal
- oil for frying
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbsp salt
- For sannata
- 750 mil buttermilk
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- turmeric powder
- For tadka
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- For garnish
- red chilli paste
- Prepare a tight paste of Urad Dal.
- On a wet cloth, add the paste and prepare Barra.
- Deep fry the Barra in the oil until it turns crispy.
- In a heated pan, add water, salt and let it warm.
- Soak the fried Barra in the water.
- For preparing Sannata, add buttermilk in a bowl.
- Prepare a paste of soaked mustard seeds and green chilli.
- Add the paste in the buttermilk.
- Add salt as per taste, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it.
- In a heated pan, add oil, asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let it roast.
- Add the tadka in buttermilk mixture and mix it.
- Garnish Barra Sannata with red chilli powder and serve it.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.