Barley and Walnut Khichda By Pankaj Bhadouria
Barley and Walnut Khichda
Do you want to eat a nutritious one-pot meal? Then this recipe is for you. The Barley and Walnut Khichda is loaded with the goodness of barley and walnuts. It tastes yummy and is low on the calorie count.Read More
- 3 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup boiled barley
- mint leaves
- pink salt as per taste
- 1 cup split soaked black gram lentils
- 1 tsp ginger - garlic paste
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 finely chopped onion
- colocasia leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- For garnish
- mint leaves
- 1 lemon slice
- In a heated pan, add desi ghee, onion seeds, finely chopped garlic, green chilli and saute.
- Add walnuts and saute. Add boiled barley and mix it well. Add chopped mint leaves, pink salt as per taste, desi ghee and saute.
- In a bowl, add soaked black gram lentils, ginger - garlic paste, finely chopped coriander, a pinch of asafoetida. Add finely chopped onion, pink salt as per taste, water and mix it well.
- Remove the stem of colocasia leaves and cut it into half. Add lemon juice an mix it well. Turn the leaf upside down and spread the mixture.
- Roll the leaf and steam it for 12 - 15 minutes. Cut it into slices and let it cool. Add desi ghee in a heated pan and cook it from both the sides.
- Garnish with mint leaves, lemon slice and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.