Maria Goretti's recipe of Barfi Pie is a perfect amalgamation of Eastern and Western flavours. She combines the traditional Indian barfi with the pie to make a yummy dessert.Read More
- 120 gm butter
- 60 gm castor sugar
- 150 gm all purpose flour
- 250 gm khoya
- 150 gm sugar
- 1 gm saffron
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 8-10 chopped pistachios
- powdered sugar
- In a bowl add butter and whisk it.
- Add castor sugar, an egg, refined flour and make a batter.
- Cool the batter into the fridge with a covered piece of cloth for 30 minutes.
- On the table top add flour and roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
- Into the pie case place the dough and cut off the extra portion.
- Let it cool in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Dock the pie base using a fork and bake it in a preheated oven at 180' C for 10 - 12 minutes.
- In a heated pan add khoya, sugar and mix it.
- Add saffron, cardamom powder and stir it.
- Roll out the pie dough and cut it into slices.
- Add barfi in the baked pie and cover it with slices of pie dough.
- Brush milk wash over it.
- Add chopped pistachios and bake it in a preheated oven at 180' C for 20 minutes.
- Unmould the pie, garnish it with powdered sugar and Barfi pie is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.