Bangdyachi Uradmethi By Ranveer Brar
Bangdyachi Uradmethi is a striking dish that combines fish and dal. The main ingredients are bangda fish (Indian mackerel) and urad dal. The fish cooked in a spicy gravy of urad dal is soft, delicious and utterly blissful.Read More
- 4 mackerels
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 9 tbsp oil
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 1/4 cup urad dal
- 1 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup rice
- 15-13 Byaadgi chillies
- water as required
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp kokum
- turmeric as required
- Heat oil in a pan and fry sliced onions and grated coconut till the onions turn pink.
- Heat oil another pan and add urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, chillies and saute well.
- Grind the mixture along with coconut and onion into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add urad dal and fenugreek seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add the ground paste and saute. Add coconut milk, salt, kokum and mix well.
- Marinate the fish with turmeric and salt. Drop the fish in the curry and let it cook.
- Bangdyachi Uradmethi is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.