Banana Bread French Toast By Gautam Mehrishi
Banana Bread French Toast
French toast is a commonly consumed breakfast in many parts of India. Chef Gautam Mehrishi gives a yumy twist to the french toast and shares a recipe that will make you drool over. Try this recipe at home and impress your family.Read More
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 baking powder
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1 - 1 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp clove powder
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 - 4 eggs
- 5 - 6 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 cup flour
- For french toast batter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- pinch of clove powder
- 1 - 2 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 3 - 4 tsp sugar
- pinch of cardamom powder
- For presentation
- 1 banana slice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- brown sugar
- whipped cream
- five spice powder
- Peel two ripe bananas and chop them.
- In a bowl, add chopped bananas and mash them.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, vanilla extract, clove powder, cocoa powder, cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Add egg yolks, castor sugar, flour and whisk it.
- Add the batter in a pre-frozen baking mould.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 180'C to 190'C for 18 - 20 minutes.
- For preparing French Toast Batter, in a bowl, add milk, egg, vanilla extract, clove powder, cinnamon powder, sugar, pinches of cardamom powder and beat it well.
- Let the batter rest for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Unmould the banana loaf and let it rest for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Peel a banana and slice it into two halves.
- Spread brown sugar on the banana and caramelise it using a blow torch.
- Take a pan and heat it.
- Cut the banana bread into thick shapes of toast and dip in the batter.
- Add clarified butter in the pan and cook the banana bread from both the sides.
- Add caramelised banana on the french toast.
- Add brown sugar and whipped cream over it.
- Sprinkle five-spice powder and, Banana French Toast is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.