Baked Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice
This is an Italian cuisine delicious and easy to prepare .It is a main course .Can be had as an appetizer too. Deliciously Cooked Rice stuffed in firm Tomatoes and served with yummy potato wedgesRead More
- 4-5 medium to medium-large firm ripe round tomatoes seeded and hollowed out
- 5 -6 Potatoes cut in Wedge shapes
- 1/2 cup Rice ( I used Long grain par boiled )Jeera rice can also be used to give Indo -Western flavour
- Tomato pulp of the tomatoes that has been seeded out
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Few parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- Rinse and dry tomatoes ,Cut the top .Remove the pulp and set aside .Deseed the tomatoes thoroughly. Keep the tops aside as well.
- Wash and Soak the rice for 20 min in warm water .Boil the rice for 5-10 min till it cooks partially .Then set aside .
- Turn the tomato pulp in a mixer with garlic and set aside .
- Now marinate the rice for an hour with the tomato pulp mixture, oregano,basil ,salt and parsley.Mint leaves can be substituted for parsley.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of this mixture into the tomatoes one by one. Drizzle olive oil and salt on the top .You can also drizzle parmesan cheese on the top . Place the top of each tomato .
- Arrange the tomatoes in a baking pan greased with oil.
- Add Roasted potatoes and arrange it in the baking pan .The juice from tomatoes gets infused into the potatoes while baking making it very tasty .
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree for 40-50 min or till rice and tomatoes are tender.