BAKED CHEESE - LINOS
Winner - Your Recipe Contest – Baking Edition Fortnight 2
Easy to make and loved by members of all ages.Read More
- Around 2.5 cups maida
- 1.5 cup shredded cheese or cheese spread
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp pepper powder (optional)
- 4 tbsp butter/olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Ice cold water
- Sieve the maida with salt ,pepper ,baking powder and baking soda.
- Rub in the butter or olive oil till it becomes crumbly as when baking short crust pastry.
- Add cheese and rub again it the flour starts to bind and hold shape of a rough ball.
- Add ice - cold water spoon - wise just enough to knead and form a ball.
- Keep kneading till it is a smooth - elastic ,smooth - crack - less dough ball.
- Lightly flour the slab and roll out the dough as a thin chapati.
- Using a pizza cutter cut into small squares and bake at 180 ° until golden brown . Keep an eye always will take place 10 -11 minutes. Store.