Baked Cheese Linos By jamuna somani
Baked Cheese Linos
Winner - Your Recipe Contest – Baking Edition Fortnight 2
Easy to make snack that is loved by members of all ages.Read More
- 2 1/2 cups maida
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese or cheese spread
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- ice cold water
- Sieve the maida with salt, pepper, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Rub in the butter or olive oil till the flour becomes crumbly as when baking short crust pastry.
- Add cheese and rub again till the flour starts to bind and hold shape of a rough ball. Add ice cold water as required to knead the mixture to form an elastic, smooth dough ball.
- Sprinkle some flour on the workstation and roll out the dough in the shape of a thin chapati.
- Using a pizza cutter cut the sheet into small squares and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 - 11 minutes until golden brown.