Did you know that this thick and sweet Kashmiri bread dates back to the Mughal era? Watch on as Maria Goretti teaches how to prepare the famous Bakarkhani. Sit back and enjoy the recipe.Read More
- 2 eggs
- 130 gm butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 140 gm all-purpose flour
- 1 egg wash
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a bowl add eggs, butter, salt, sugar, refined flour and mix it.
- Add water and prepare a dough.
- Prove the dough with a piece of cloth for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the dough.
- Brush butter over it and fold it into half , Repeat the process until the dough is covered with butter.
- Roll out the dough again and brush butter on it.
- Apply egg wash, add sesame seeds and bake it in a preheated oven at 200' C for 12 - 15 minutes.
- To garnish add sesame seeds and Bakarkhani is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.