Bajra Muthiya By Shazia Khan
Chef Shazia Khan gives a twist to the famous Gujarati snack Muthiya using Bajra or Pearl Millet. Bajra is a rich source of potassium, magnesium and dietary fibre which adds to the dish's nutritional value.Read More
- 1 ½ cups Bajra Flour
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Finely Chopped Green Chilli
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ½ cup Chopped Sua Leaves
- Water to prepare the dough
- 1tbsp Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ pc Lemon Juice
- Chopped Coriander for garnish
- In a mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients.
- Add some water and mix until it binds everything and you get a soft dough.
- After making dough, rub oil on your palms and divide dough in equal proportions, shape them into a cylindrical shape.
- Grease the steamer plates and steam these cylinders for around 20 minutes.
- Steam until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After 20 min removes them from the steamer and cools them completely.
- Cut these into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan , add the tempering ingredients fry for a few seconds , to this add all cut pieces of steamed bajra muthia into the pan and add lemon juice to it and mix well and fry till light golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.