Baingan Ka Bharta aur Thadoola By Ajay Chopra
Baingan Ka Bharta aur Thadoola
Did you know that people in Madhya Pradesh and Bundelkhand stuff garlic into raw brinjal before roasting the brinjal for Baingan Bharta? This process imparts a unique flavour to the bharta. This bharta is a part of the menu during weddings in Bundelkhand.Read More
- For baingan ka bharta
- 2 brinjal
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds and asafoetida
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 grated onions
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- For chutney
- garlic cloves
- green chillies
- coriander leaves
- cumins seeds
- For thadoola
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup mung dal, urad dal flour and rice flour
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- water for dough
- Prick the brinjal using a knife.
- Stuff the pricked part with garlic cloves.
- Roast the brinjal over a gas stove.
- For preparing Bharta, add oil in a heated pan.
- cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, garlic and mix it.
- Add grated onions and let it cook.
- Add chopped ginger, green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt as per taste and mix it well.
- Add roasted, chopped brinjal, coriander leaves and mix it again.
- Prepare a chutney using garlic cloves, green chillies, coriander leaves and cumin seeds.
- For preparing Thadoola, add wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add mung dal flour, urad dal flour, rice flour.
- Add a pinch of salt, Add salt, red chilli powder, chutney, water and prepare a dough.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.