Baingan Ka Bharta aur Thadoola
Did you know that people in Madhya Pradesh and Bundelkhand stuff garlic into raw brinjal before roasting the brinjal for Baingan Bharta? This process imparts a unique flavour to the bharta. This bharta is a part of the menu during weddings in Bundelkhand.Read More
- For baingan ka bharta
- 2 eggplant
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds and asafoetida
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 grated onions
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- For chutney
- garlic cloves
- green chillies
- coriander leaves
- cumins seeds
- For thadoola
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup mung dal, urad dal flour and rice flour
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- water for dough
- Prick the brinjal using a knife.
- Stuff the pricked part with garlic cloves.
- Roast the brinjal over a gas stove.
- For preparing Bharta, add oil in a heated pan.
- cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, garlic and mix it.
- Add grated onions and let it cook.
- Add chopped ginger, green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt as per taste and mix it well.
- Add roasted, chopped brinjal, coriander leaves and mix it again.
- Prepare a chutney using garlic cloves, green chillies, coriander leaves and cumin seeds.
- For preparing Thadoola, add wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add mung dal flour, urad dal flour, rice flour.
- Add a pinch of salt, Add salt, red chilli powder, chutney, water and prepare a dough.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.