Baingan Bharta By Diana Santoke
A classic preparation of roasted brinjal without too much masalaRead More
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 to 3 chopped green chillies
- 1 chopped Tomato
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp peanuts
- coarsely ground
- salt to taste
- oil for brushing
- For Garnish: chopped coriander
- Make some slits on the outer skin of the eggplant.
- Brush oil on the skin and roast directly over the flame.
- Roast evenly.
- Allow the roasted eggplant to cool.
- Later peel off the skin and mash the eggplant well.
- Heat oil in a pan under a low flame.
- Saute chopped onion garlic, green chillies, and tomato.
- Add red chilli powder coriander powder, salt and water and mix well.
- Add mashed eggplant to the masala.
- Add coarsely ground peanuts.
- Cook well and place in a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.