Almonds are a rich source of healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. Chef Shazia Khan uses the almonds to make a halwa and replaces the sugar with jaggery giving a healthy twist to the halwa.Read More
- 100 gms Soaked Cashew Nuts
- 100 gms Blanched Almonds
- 50 gms Khoya
- 3 tsp Desi Ghee
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamom pods
- 150 gms Jaggery
- ½ tsp Saffron soaked in warm water
- Soak cashew nuts in warm water for 20 minutes.
- In boiling water, put almonds.
- Once boiled transfer in cold water to peel off its skin.
- Grind the cashew nuts and almonds into a smooth paste.
- Add the Koya and blend.
- To make the halwa, in a pan, heat the ghee.
- Add the cinnamon stick and cardamom.
- Add the cashew nuts and almond paste.
- Keep stirring on low flame and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the jaggery and saffron.
- Cook this mixture until jaggery melts and a thick consistency is achieved.
- Allow to cool down.
- Fill the halwa in the tart and Garnish with chopped pistachio serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.