Avial Cake By Ranveer Brar
This raw banana cake made with lots of other veggies and spices is something unusual. Although its named Avial it is completely different from the traditional South-Indian Avial recipe. Do give it a try!Read More
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ cup onions
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 cup raw banana
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup boiled yam
- 5 green chillies
- ½ cup carrots
- ½ cup green beans
- black pepper
- lemon juice
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup orange
- 1 wax apple
- flavoured hung curd
- Procedure to make Avial Cake: In a frying pan add oil, cumin seeds, chopped garlic, chopped ginger.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves, salt and mix it.
- Add finely chopped raw bananas, water and cover it with a lid until it is cooked.
- Add grated coconut and mash it.
- Add boiled yam, finely chopped green chillies and toss it up nicely.
- Add chopped carrots, green beans and mash it.
- Add salt, crushed black pepper, lemon juice.
- Take it out in a bowl and refrigerate for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge and mix the paste.
- Prepare balls of the paste.
- Add desiccated coconut in a plate and roll the balls in them. In a frying pan add oil, fry the balls on slow gas from both the sides till it turns brownish.
- To prepare salad, add orange, sliced carrots, chopped wax apples, salt, crushed black pepper, mint leaves.
- For plating spread flavoured hung curd on a plate, salad, avail cake and salad on top of it.
- To garnish add mint leaves.
Explore our Popular Stories.