Aval Kesari (Poha / Flattened Rice Kesari) By Prabhakar Subramanian
Aval Kesari (Poha / Flattened Rice Kesari)
A simple and easy to make sweet dishRead More
- Poha / Flattened rice - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Elaichi powder
- Cashewnuts - 25 gms
- Raisins - 25 gms
- Ghee - 2 tablespoon
- In a flat bottomed vessel heat 2 cups of water.
- Add the Poha/flattened rice to the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add the entire sugar to the poha and continue to stir mix till the sugar completely dissolves evenly .
- Separately heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add cashew nuts and raisins and roast for till golden brown.
- Add elaichi powder to the cooked poha and add 1 tablespoon of ghee and stir the mix.
- Garnish with the cashewnuts and raisins.
- Serve hot or at room temperature as required.