Atte Ka Sheera By Gautam Mehrishi
Atte Ka Sheera
A very popular dessert in North India, this healthy whole wheat treat can be made for any occasion.Read More
- 7 to 8 tbsp wheat flour
- 3 to 4 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp cardamom and fennel seed powder
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp pistas
- 4 to 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp jaggery syrup
- hot water
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add wheat flour to it and roast until light brown.
- Add clarified butter, cardamom and fennel seed powder, chopped almonds, chopped pistas and sugar.
- Mix well continuing to cook on a low flame.
- Add the jaggery syrup and mix well and switch off the flame.
- The dish can be served dry, like at this stage, or moist like regular sheera.
- To make the atte ka sheera moist, add a little hot water to the flour mixture and keep cooking on a low flame for about 5 min.
- Mix well and put off the flame.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped almonds.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.