Aromatic Turmeric Rice
Give a twist to the everyday rice with this exotic preparation.Read More
- 3 lemon grass stalks
- 4 to 5 basil leaves
- 3 cups rice soaked
- 2 to 3 tsp sesame oil
- 7 red chillies
- 6 green chillies
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup coconut milk banana leaf
- sliced cucumber
- sesame oil
- Heat water in a deep pot and place a bamboo steamer over it.
- Place a banana leaf inside the steamer.
- Grease the leaf with some sesame oil.
- Close the lid and steam it.
- Slightly crush the lemon grass and place it in the steamer.
- Spread some basil leaves in the steamer.
- Add the soaked rice to the steamer.
- Close the lid and steam till the rice is half cooked.
- Quarter the cucumber and halve each piece.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan.
- Add red and green chillies to it.
- Fry the chillies till their colour changes and set aside.
- To the same oil, add the diced pieces of red and yellow capsicum and sauté them.
- Add poppy seeds and clarified butter mix well and set aside.
- Retain the oil with poppy seeds.
- Add cloves turmeric powder, coconut milk to it.
- Let it boil a bit.
- Add the half cooked rice to the pan.
- Fold and mix the rice properly.
- In the serving plate, arrange the cucumber slices.
- Place the quartered cucumber and stir fired capsicums and chillies in banana leaf squares and place them in the plate.
- Arrange the turmeric rice in the plate.
- Garnish with sesame oil and serve hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.