Arikonch Ki Tarkari By Ajay Chopra
Arikonch Ki Tarkari
Steamed, spiced dumplings made using Arikonch leaves are added to a thick tomato gravy and finally served with rice. Garnish it with lime and coriander leaves before serving.Read More
- arikonch leaves
- 4 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp mustard paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- coriander leaves
- ½ lemon
- Procedure to make Arikonch ki Tarkari: In a bowl add chickpea flour, water and mix it well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and make a thick batter.
- Spread the batter on the arikonch leaves.
- Layer again it with arikonch leaves, spread the batter and repeat the process one more time.
- Roll it and let it dry.
- In a heated pan add mustard oil, mustard seeds, chopped onions, chopped garlic and mix it.
- In a mixer jar add chopped tomatoes, mustard paste and grind it.
- Steam the Arikonch leaves parcels in the steamer.
- In the pan add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it.
- Add tomato & mustard paste, water and let the gravy cook.
- Add chopped green coriander leaves in the gravy.
- Cut slices of steamed Arikonch and add them in the gravy.
- To garnish add lemon juice, fresh coriander leaves and Arikonch ki Tarkari is ready to serve with rice.
Explore our Popular Stories.