Anokhi Phirni By Gautam Mehrishi
Onions are often associated with curries and savouries. However, Chef Gautam Mehrishi uses this ingredient in a unique way and makes a phirni. This phirni is a blend of unique flavours of onions, khoya, nuts and edible flowers.Read More
- 4 - 5 finely chopped onions
- 1 glass cream milk
- 20 - 25 jasmine flowers
- 1 1/2 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp pandanus flower water
- 2 - 3 cardamoms
- 1 dried rose leaves
- 3 - 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup dried whole milk
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pistachio
- 1 tbsp finely chopped almonds
- 1 tsp pistachio for garnish
- Finely chop the onions.
- Dip and strain the chopped onion and clean them thoroughly.
- In a hot pot, add cream milk, jasmine flowers, rose water, pandanus flower water, cardamoms, dried rose leaves and mix it well.
- Add finely chopped onion and cook for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add sugar, dried whole milk, finely chopped pistachio & almonds and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Phirni in a bowl, garnish with pistachio.
- Serve the Anokhi Phirni chilled.
Explore our Popular Stories.