Phirni is a popular dessert in North India and is made on special occasions like Eid. Chef Ranveer Brar gives it a flavourful twist with Anjeer or figs. Do try this easy-peasy yet delicious recipe at home.Read More
- 2 tbsp rice
- 500 ml milk
- 4 figs
- 50 gms sugar
- ¼ tsp fennel powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- cinnamon powder
- 5 to 6 saffron strands
- Make paste of soaked rice. In a pan boil milk.
- Peel figs and cook them with suger.
- Add fennel powder, cardamom powder, Cinnamon powder to figs and mix well till figs have golden colour.
- Mix rice paste in milk and avoid any lumps while mixing.
- Pour the rice milk mixture in hot milk pan and stir.
- Keep a spoonful figs mixture aside and add rest mixture in hot milk pan and rice mix.
- Add saffron strands in the milk mixture.
- Place spoonful figs mixture at the bottom of an earthen plate and pour the milk rice mixture.
- Refrigerate Figs phirni for few hours to set.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the edge of cold phirni and caramelize with blowtourch.
- Garnish with figs wedge, chopped pistachios nsd rose petals.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.