Angoori Petha By Ajay Chopra
This sweet from Agra is made by dipping ash gourd or white pumpkin in a sweet saffron infused sugar syrup and finally topped with strands of saffron for someone who loves sweets.Read More
- 1 kg ash gourd
- ½ tsp slaked lime
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 saffron strands
- 1 tsp kewra water
- Procedure to make Angoori Petha: Cut the ash gourd into slices.
- Prick the ash using a fork.
- Add slaked lime, apply water on hands and spread the slake lime all over.
- In a heated pan add sugar, water and make a thick sugar syrup.
- Add saffron and mix it well.
- Using a scooper, scoop out the ash gourd.
- In a bowl add the scooped ash gourd, water, slake lime and mix it.
- Wash the scooped ash gourd well.
- In the sugar syrup add kewra water, and dip the Petha in it and let it cook.
- To garnish add saffron strands and Angoori Petha is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.