Andhra Pepper Chicken By MortarAurPestle
Andhra Pepper Chicken
Mildly spicy , flavourful , an all mood food recipe that can be prepared for vegetarians too. From a party starter to an evening snack on the sofa or a late night dinner. Fits all times and space. Easy to cook and so difficult to share.Read More
- 500 g small pieces of Chicken with or without bones. For a veg option, use boilled potatoes or soaked soya bean chunks. Can also be made with mixed vegetables too.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 12-14 curry leaves
- 15 whole peppercorns or 2 tbsp of pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp clove powder
- 2 tbsp Oil to fry
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric, salt, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice. Keep aside for atleast 15 minutes.
- In a pan add oil, temper with curry leaves, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add in the diced onions and cook until the onions start to brown.
- Add the green chillies and chicken in. Fry on high flame for 10 minutes.
- Add a tbsp of water, cover and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover, give a nice mix. Add splashes of water if need be.
- Cook until the chicken is soft and cooked.
- Add in the chopped coriander leaves and mix and take it off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and freshly crushed pepper.
- Serve it hot.