Anadama Bread By Maria Goretti
Maria Goretti demonstrates how to make the traditional English Anadama Bread. This bread is usually made using cornmeal and molasses but Maria shows you how to bake the very same bread using honey.Read More
- 1 cup water
- 30 gm polenta
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 350 gm all purpose flour
- 20 hm dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a heated pan water, polenta, salt and mix it.
- Add butter and stir it.
- Add honey stir it and leave it to cool.
- Dissolve the dry yeast in lukewarm water.
- Transfer the polenta mixture in a bowl.
- Add the activated yeast to the polenta and stir it.
- Add refined flour and prepare a dough.
- In a bowl add olive oil and let the dough prove with a covered piece of cloth for 30 minutes.
- In a baking tray add olive oil and let the dough prove with a covered piece of cloth for 40 minutes.
- Bake the dough in a preheated oven at 190' C for 30 minutes.
- Cut the slices of bread and Anadama bread is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.