Amritsari Chole Kulcha By Yashashree Ghadi
Amritsari Chole Kulcha
Kulcha Is often served with Punjabi chole or with amritsari chole. Quarantine Friendly. To remind you of taste of amritsar while being quarantined at home, in whichever part of India you are.Read More
- 2cups Maida
- Sugar powder.
- Baking soda.
- Baking powder
- Cumin powder
- Red chilli powder
- Dry mango powder
- Fenugreek powder
- Tea bags
- Cinnamon stick
- Black cardamom
- Green cardamom
- Garam masala powder
- Asofaetida powder
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Garlic cloves
- Green chillies
- Mix 2 cups of maida or all-purpose flour, pinch of salt, 1 Teaspoon of powder sugar, 1Teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 Teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl.
- Add oil and water as per required to make dough.
- Begin to mix the flour with the liquids first and then start to knead.
- Make a smooth and soft dough.
- In the same bowl or pan, cover the dough with a wet kitchen napkin. You can also lightly brush some oil on the dough and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the dough leave for 2 hours.
- Make small balls of the dough. Sprinkle some nigella seeds on the dough if you have, chopped coriander, chopped onions on it. With the rolling pin flatten the dough and roll each into a small-sized kulcha on a lightly dusted rolling board.
- Heat a tava. The tava has to be very hot. Apply lots of water one the back of the kulcha which is suppose to be placed on tava so that it sticks to the tava. Place the kulcha on the tava.
- Cook one side partly till it is 1/2 cooked.
- Now tilt the tava upside down to cook the upper side of kulcha, make sure that the kulcha doesn't fall while doing this.
- Serve the kulcha hot or warm with chickpea curry or chole masala. They can also be stacked in a roti basket and then served warm.
- Soak 1 cup chickpeas overnight.
- Add the soaked chickpeas in pressure cooker with 2 teabags or 2tsp tea tied in a muslim cloth.
- Add a total of 3 cups of water.
- Add salt to taste.
- 1/8th tsp baking soda.
- 2 bayleaf.
- 2 cinnamon stick.
- 2black cardamom.
- 3-4 cloves.
- 2-3 green cardamom, .
- close lid of pressure cooker.
- Take 4 whistles.
- for chole masala:.
- add salt to taste.
- 1tsp of red chilli powde1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1tsp coriander powder.
- 1tsp garam masala powder.
- 1tsp cumin powder.
- 1/4th tsp asofaetida powder.
- 1tsp dry mango powder.
- 1tsp dried Fenugreek powder.
- Open lid and check if chickpeas are cooked.
- separate boiled chickpeas from water.
- keep the water aside.
- Later heat 3tsp of oil and add 1medium onion puree & 2 medium sized Tomatoes puree ,you can do it together ,.
- after one minute or two add 1tsp Ginger garlic paste,.
- cover and cook for a minute om high flame,.
- open lid and add prepared chole masala & mix it Well .
- After stirring it , add the boiled chickpeas, mix and then add the chickpeas water which was kept aside earlier.
- cover lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Open lid and with a help of a masher mash a few chickpeas a little to make gravy little thick.
- Cover again and cook for a minute until oil is separated from gravy.
- Chole masala is ready , plate it out and prepare for tadka.
- Now for tadka:.
- Heat 3 tsp oil & add 2-3 chopped garlic cloves with 2-3 green chillies , 1tsp roasted cumin powder & 1tsp red chilli powder , and immediately switch the gas off and give it a good stir and pour it on your chole masala .
- Serve it with chopped onion and lemon.