Amrakhand or Mango Shrikhand By Paru Baruah
Amrakhand or Mango Shrikhand
Amrakhand is a variety of Shrikhand, an Indian Dessert made from HungCurd and ripened Mangoes.Read More
- One Large Mango puree( Alphanso),
- 2cups hungcurd
- 3/4cup of sugar, adjust according to the sweetness of mangoe
- 1tspn cardamon powder
- Pistachios 7-8, finely chopped
- Saffron half tspoon mixed in 2tbspn warm milk
- Hung 4cups of curd in a Muslim cloth in the kitchen hangings, after 4-5 hours this 4cups of curd wil reduce to two cups after draining the whey.
- Peel and chop the mango and puree it with sugar.
- Mix the curd and mango puree gently.
- Add in the milk with saffron and pistachios.
- Now you can place the mango mixture in serving bowl and keep them in the freeze at least for 2hours.
- Garnish them with chopped pistachios and saffron strands and twig of pint.
- Twigs of mint for garnishing (optional).