Adai By Prabhakar Subramanian
This is a spicy south indian pancake that makes a wholesome mealRead More
- Raw Rice – 200 gms
- Toor Dal – 50 Gms
- Urad Dal – 50 Gms
- Moong Dal – 50 Gms
- Channa Dal – 50 gms
- Red chillies – 6 nos
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Onion – 1 No. (grated)
- Curry leaves – a handful
- Optional - Horse Gram – 1 spoon
- For Sides - Sides
- Jaggery – 50 Gms
- Unsalted Butter – 50 Gms
- Rinse the rice and dals in water.
- Soak them together in water (along with horse gram if you have at homfor at least 40 minutes.
- In a mixie grind the soaked rice and dals along with tomato, red chillies, salt as needed and a pinch of asafoetida (hininto a coarse batter.
- Mix the grated onion with the batter.
- Heat a tawa and spread half a spoon of oil of your liking. However Adai tastes well with Gingelly oil.
- Spread the batter on the heated tawa and oil the edges. Cook both sides and transfer to platter. (you can also make the edges a little crispy if you like).
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter and some jaggery.