Achar & Auria By Ajay Chopra
Achar & Auria
A mouth watering pickle and a potato gravy. These recipes are ideal for a simple home cooked meal.Read More
- For auria
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 4 cops curd
- 2 boiled potatoes
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- For achar
- 3-4 kohlrabi
- 1 cup mustard oil
- 2 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Mix black mustard seeds and curd. Leave for fermentation for 10 hours.
- In boiled potato's dices add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- In mustard oil add fennel powder, spiced potatoes and saute.
- Add fermented curd paste on Potatoes.
- Saute till curd is cooked. Garnish auria with slit green chilli.
- For Achar: Wash, clean kohlrabi bulb and sun dry them.
- In hot mustard oil add carom seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and black mustard powder, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute.
- Add kohlrabi leaves paste to pan and mix well. Pour cooked paste over diced bulb and coat them.
- Pour pickle in a clean glass jar and close tightly.
- Keep in sun for few days before use.
Explore our Popular Stories.