Achaari Arvi Parathas
Everyone loves traditional parathas. But when stuffed with a yummy filling, you just can t stop from having more.Read More
- 1 cup boiled taro roots
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp pickle
- 300 gm wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp butter
- salt & water
- 1/2 tsp raw mango powder
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 no spring onion
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- For the filling heat a pan and add oil. Saute chopped onion. Add pickle paste and mix. To this mixture, add boiled and chopped taro roots. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for some time. When the mixture is cooked, add chopped coriander leaves and green chillies, red chilli powder, raw mango powder, and salt. Mix again.
- Mash the mixture well.
- Transfer this filling mixture to a bowl. Cool the filling.
- For the paratha dough, combine wheat flour, roasted cumin powder, butter, salt, and raw mango powder.
- Add water and knead a dough.
- Drizzle oil on the dough and knead again. Set aside for 10 min.
- Pinch small portions from the dough.
- Make a pocket from each portion and stuff with the taro root filling. Seal all sides and roll again to make a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten these stuffed balls to parathas. Heat butter on a tawa. Place the paratha on the tawa and cook both sides.
- Cut a spring onion lengthwise. Roast on the tawa. Drizzle lemon juice and salt.
- Transfer paratha to the serving plate.
- Serve with yogurt and pickle. Garnish with the roasted spring onion and a lemon wedge.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.